Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Month of Love

The year just started and February is already here - the month that contains the day meant to celebrate love. Why is 2009 running so fast? Time is so dangerously relative... 2009 is the year that I think should stay on forever!

I realized sometime last year around this time, Valentine's day is just another day for people in love. Yes, they do something special that day, but they feel special throughout the year. Valentine's day leaves more of a negative impact and longing in the people who are love-deprived, even more for the people who have tasted the wine of love at some point down the memory lane... It's meant to make you feel the absence of love rather than the presence of love is my whole point. But anyway, apart from a sadist kind of a note there, I like the special "things" that people do or look forward for doing on that day. I like the planning process that leads to making that one day in the year extremely special. I especially like to see people all dressed up but covered by their winter jackets, and carrying a stem or a bouquet of brightly fresh red roses in their hands - either they received it, or are going to give it to their loved ones. I love it how businesses attempt to sell anything and everything on the pretext of Valentine's day. I love it absolutely how there are mushy mushy soft-toys, shops decorated in the colors of red and love. I love it how people's first Valentine's holds so much attention and excitement. I love it how that one day actually has love in the air in the very literal sense of the phrase.

Happy Valentine's Day people. May you be loved truly, sincerely and purely always... Love is a blessing, never take it for granted. You are special because you are loved. And yes, thanks for being there for me :). You all know who you are, and you all know how special you are to me. Lots and lots and lots of love :)

No comments: