Thursday, July 10, 2008

Popcorn, Movie & Masala

I am writing today because I feel like it. I watched Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na today. Cute movie. And oh well, I did feel like Rondhu, when he mentioned he *too* wanted someone in his life, just like Jai had Aditi and Aditi had Jai.

And do I identify with Amit? His best friend, his sister had found other friends, and went too far away from him... I absolutely loved it when Aditi's brother advises her not to marry Sushant...

Everyone's parents were so cool - Jai's not rich at all - no vehicle, not even a cell phone, but Aditi's parents had expected him to marry Aditi, way before he or she even admitted to themselves that they loved the other. Yea, I know what you are going to say - it's a movie. Anything can happen. And to quote something I haven't forgotten, "Aisi baatein movies mein hi achchi lagti hain".

OK this is not to be taken as a review for the movie... Just a collection of my thoughts together with my emotions.

Soch zara jaane-jana tujhe hum kitna chahte hain,
Rote hain hum bhi agar teri aankho mei aansu aate hain
Gana toh aata nahi hai, magar hum phir bhi gaate hain ...


I have been reading "Magic Seeds" by V.S. Naipaul. An average kind of tale, darker than his "Half a Life", and somewhat broken. It seems like the author had no clue with what to do with Willie's life - he had wasted a majority of Willie's life! But I did learn this big word from there: phantasmagoria. The meaning - go figure!

On a side note, I wonder when Rahul would post something on this blog. And talking about Rahul, I hope these Athenian(?) guys are having a good deal of fun!!

No comments: