Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Of promises and trials

Have promises broken your heart? Empty and un-kept promises? Promises that the maker knew she would be breaking at some point in time? Promises you believed whole heartedly on? Promises and words that meant so much to you that you actually failed to see the reality?

Have people ever told you how selfish the world is and how they hate selfish people, and have the very same people acted as the most selfish people on this earth?

Life sucks - sure it could suck more than now, but you know, human nature. It compels me to complain about the things that ought to have carried a different course than they actually did. Yes, even after reading about the Holocaust.

I realize how my writing has started to suck as well. There's no rhythm, there's no meaning any more. And poetry has been running away from me, as if there never was a relationship between us at any point in time. See how people and things run from you, run from the relationship, run from realities and brutalities? Nevertheless, it's like my fingers urge to kick the keyboard of my laptop and my mind forces me to jot down my thoughts on this piece of modern paper.

But yes, I am trying. I am trying every single way I can. And I cannot help but fool myself by running blindly behind the extremely bright streak of light left by hope, by believing that some day, one random day, I will be a happy soul with no regrets, sorrows, resentments, and dejection, offered as the gifts of life to all blessed souls...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You ROCK Girl!

I like your writing style and will be your fan from now on:)