Saturday, August 2, 2008

For the sake of writing


Song of the moment: Pehli Nazar, Atif Aslam

OK, an insomniac is once again back. It is 2:32 a.m. the 2nd of August. A friend from India tells me it's Friendship Day tomorrow. I was a fan of all Archie-made-days during the good old times in India. I miss the exchange of cards with the most intense feelings and quotations on them. But now, these days just make me realize what I lack, instead of celebrating what I have. The Valentine's day, needless to say, arouses a feeling welled with a dearth of love and well, the Friendship day, a dearth of (true, if I may say) friendship.

So anyway, I finished watching Kismat Konnection half an hour ago. Nothing special in there, except the regular Bollywood lucky people... Do I need say more :-) ?

It's the long weekend, and guess what? I have no plans :). I am almost at the end of the book Two Lives by Vikram Seth. I wasn't much impressed by the author's writing style. I felt it probably needed a better finishing. However, the contents kept me hooked right to the very end. As I was reading the novel, I had been thinking about whether Vikram Seth was married or not. Well, the book mentioned quite a lot about him as well, but didn't pick on the topic. Don't bother too much about this comment about Seth's marriage - it just came to my mind out of nowhere!! And the next book in my queue is Adventures of Tom Sawyers. I am actually dying to start that one. And then, comes Shakespeare. I hopefully would be able to finish these two before I get actively engaged in my future project.

Talking about music, my brother is of the opinion that I have lost my taste in music. Well, I have times when music annoys me to the extent that I don't want to have anything to do with it. But generally, I am pretty much in touch with what's going on in Bollywood music lately.

That seems like quite a lot of insensible jabbering. It's 3:04 a.m. on 2nd of August. Good night world!

Wishing everyone a Happy Friendship Day. May you get *TRUE* friends in life...

Song of the moment: Bakhuda Tumhi Ho, Atif Aslam

2 comments:

Peenuts said...

Happy friendship day 2 u too..though belated

Anonymous said...

thnx!! same to u :)

~~ Chunky ~~