Friday, August 15, 2008

when the going gets rough...

August 15, 2008
1:07 a.m.

Happy Independence Day India!

We're celebrating our independence by killing our tenants to prove that we can actually shoot as well as Abhinav Bindra - the guy who got us a gold medal in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. And by fighting over religions that actually teach us all paths lead to The One. How amazing can that be? It may seem ironical when I am writing about this from Toronto, and when I actually don't and can't do anything about it. It's the nationalists, the patriotics, that are responsible for the doom of a country.

But anyway, the world's turning an evil place with each passing day. And how people marvel at fooling themselves that the world is still good, and that not every one is a liar. It's the fact that I actually tell people upfront, "Every one on earth is a liar", and they cringe and think, "Oh my good Lord, she thinks like this about me!" I mean come on, we all know the truth deep down, why am I out of my mind when I say it?

Let me leave aside the political turmoil of life, and settle for a bit on the personal turmoil. It's my last day at work tomorrow. Well, actually today. I have mixed feelings. You are utterly comfortable in a niche for a while, when all of a sudden you plan to plunge into an altogether new world, new people, new everything. I have been there for a total of 17 months now, and have gotten used to the environment, people. This describes my state of mind better. Except the voice trailing off portion :-).

Anyway, it had to come, I guess. Better now than ever. And I had to do it this point in time... But yes, I am nervous, excited, sad ... and many more things at this very time.

"This too shall pass!"

No comments: