Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ifs and buts

The easy conditions. The easier blames. Sometimes just, sometimes just the easiest ways out. Make what you want of it - It's my life...I got my problems

Each one of us learns the language of ifs and buts - and pretty fast. And I just love the if else loops in programming so much. In conjunction with the if loops walks a conditional life of ours.

"If you do not drink milk for the first 16 years of your life, chances are you might not be as healthy."
"I drank milk for 20 years of my life but uncontrolled amount of oil caused heart attacks".
Did you notice the condition in the first sentence? An incomplete if else statement that is. Most of our life's conditions are deficient... They're buggy!
And the second sentence, an effortless blame... I did what I was told to! The requirements were not clear!
*Yo techie ppl, identify with me?*

How very very easy it is to discredit someone with the use of the tiny, tiny word if. If Mr X had done a certain something, we would definitely be out of this mess. The sayer might as well be doing the same thing consciously had he been in Mr. X's shoes.
*shrugs* Regardless, I am not in Mr. X's shoes.

And how can I forget relationships when talking about conditions. True that something called "unconditional love" is more of a dying myth on our planet now. (On second thoughts, did it ever exist???) But conditions have to be just and justifiable as well. How many of us will be forced to refer and revisit their relationships - past or preset - just by the mere mention of conditions in relationships being mentioned here? I've revisited my connections, but I wasn't the one at fault!

Oh well, who cares!
If
only I worried about what I wrote, I wouldn't write what I've written!

1 comment:

Peenuts said...

Tumhari satak gayi hai :P :P